How can I leave a bid before the live auction begins?
Last Updated -
The video below will show you how to leave an Absentee bid prior to the Live Auction!Select a maximum bid in the drop-down box on the item page and click the “Place Bid” button.
Confirm your bid (including applicable buyer's premium).
Next, agree to the Terms of Sale' by clicking the "Confirm" button.
Finally, you will get a confirmation that your bid was submitted.
Please note, all bidders and bids must be approved by the auctioneer.
An absentee bid will be submit on your behalf automatically based on the following criteria:
1) If no other bids start at the start price.
2) If there are other absentee bids start at the lowest non-competitive amount:
Example: I place a $100 absentee bid and you place a $300 absentee bid. The starting price is $70. The first bid that would come in, because our bid amounts compete up to $100 would be to you at $110, or whatever the next increment up from $100 happens to be.
3) If two absentee bids are left in the same amount, open at that amount to whoever bid first.
Example: You bid leave a $100 on Tuesday and I leave a bid of $100 on Thursday. When the lot comes up in the live auction on Saturday, it will open to you at $100.
4) If the floor places a bid, submit a competing bid at the next increment up.
5) If someone online bids using the live bidding console, take the bid at that amount.
6) Stop submitting bids when the max amount is reached.Bidders using the live bidding console to bid live during an auction must surpass the maximum absentee bid value before they can be recognized as the high bidder.
Did you find this article helpful?